Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Burning sensation while urinating, many pus cells found during urinalysis. How to rectify?

hi im 21 yr old male from the philippines, i have this burning sensation whenever i pee, it started like three days ago when i woke in the morning, at first i thought it was nothing, but it continue till now, i went to clinic to have a routine urinalysis , im 2+ for protein , neg for sugar. my urine is yellow, hazy, has pH6 and 1.015 SG. i have 2-3 RBC/hpf, moderate for bacteria, rare ephitelial cells and mucus thread, and (the worst) 40-60 PUS cells/hpf. im not sexually active, and dont have any penile discharge,
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.You are having severe burning while passing urine since last three days.Your urine analysis revealed presence of plenty of pus cells This indicates Acute UTI Please drink large quantity of water along with urine alkaliser.Send your urine sample for culture and sensitivity so that you will come to know the organisms responsible for infection and can take a proper antibiotics to which they are sensitive to. In the mean while start taking antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin and Urinary antiseptics like Nitrofurantoin twice daily.Once you get the culture report may be after 72 hrs switch on to antibiotics as per the report.Please consult your family physician ,
Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Aditya Bhabhe's  Response
Thanks for the query.
From the description of your symptoms it looks like you have a urinary tract infection. It's advisable to do urine culture and see a physician who will then prescribe the appropriate antibiotics.
UTI are rare in young males. Thus it may be advisable to get an ultrasound to roe out underlying obstruction or stones.
Hope this helps
Good luck.
Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor