Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Burning sensation while urinating after having intercourse, bleeding. Recommendations?

Hello, I am 23yrs old female. I had intercourse about 8hrs ago, almost every time I have tried to urinate it burns so severly that it makes me cry and my urinating hole(I don't remember the proper term) is swollen. It's not a constant pain it only hurts while the urine is coming through the hole and also that's the only time it bleeds. My husband seems to thinks that it just from being too rough and that there is no need for a doctors visit. But I can't help but feel like something may be going on, he is no doctor so I would like your professional opinion as to what might be my problem.

Thanks, Stefanie
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.

The possible cause for pain during micturition and swelling of your urethral opening are:
Any possible abrasions due to rough intercourse
Urinary tract infection
So better to consult gynecologist and get examined.
If that is not possible you can take sitz bath that can give some relief and on counter medicines like candid jel, KY jel etc. Take plenty of oral fluids.
If the pain does not subside with this you need to consult doctor.
For more details you can ask me through:
Take care.

Answered: Thu, 25 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor