Burning sensation of eye due to dry eye

i am having severre burning sensation of the eye....i think that this is due to dry eye....can some one help me to come out of it
Tue, 16 Jul 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi
Your concern regarding dry eyes can be easily be taken by evaluating your eyes by various tests and one can easily make diagnosis of dryness and grade it.dry ocular surface could be secondary to various conditions like allergies, pollution, thyroid disorder, autoimmune etc. you may use high quality preservative free tear substitutes till you get your eyes evaluated. Frequent washing of the eyes with clean water helps wash away allergens and pollutants.show your eyes to an eye specialist first .
Ophthalmologist Dr. Mrs Sarungbam Bobby's  Response
dry eye is a common topic nowadays more commonly due to prolonged use of computers, stress, pollution, ageing, poor nutrition, or related to some systemic diseases like sjogrens syndrome etc, but detail examination of your eyes are required and treatment is long term, without any harm you can start with tear substitutes like systane ultra drops about 4 times daily and you also take some omega 3 fatty acid capsules, it really works.
Ophthalmologist Dr. N. K. Misra's  Response
dryness leads to mild irritation to begin with.Burning would require decongestent eye drops and is due to hyperaemia of the outer layer caused mostly due to exposure to dust and various allergies.so the treatment is protection,washing and decongestent drops
helmut's  Response
dry eye you should were sun glass all the time. there is artificial eye drops available, purchase under the supersvision of the doc you apply them
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Dinesh Sharma's  Response
Dry eyes can be cured by Ayurvedic Treatment completely if this is the beginning stage. Plaese log on to www.ayurprakash.com or call 09314090487 for further doubts.
Dr.Mihir Shah's  Response

For more details on dry eye management visit

http://sites.google.com/site/eyediseases/Home/dry-eyes

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

hi,

last time i had it and went to doctor, he prescribed some tear drops for me. it was good.

koen's  Response
Eyes are kept moist by the tears. Hence there will be no dryness of eyes. If this tears are less than it will lead to dry eyes. Keep washing your eyes frequently with cool and clean water. you can put artificial tear eye drops avialble in the medical shop. This will relieve your dry eyes. Also avoid exposure of eyes to the dust particles, pollutants and strong winds
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

my son's eyes are sometimes loss thier power.at that time he can't see anythings clearly.he feels all things are looking like a shadow.he feels darkness around himself like after craking crakers.severe headache also coming.it will clear automatically after a longtime.pl.give some suggestions&medicines.

mohanavalli narayanan's  Response

give some suggestions and inform me what is the name ofthe disease.