Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Burning sensation near the penis, flakes and fluid filled blisters. Partner also have same symptoms. what is it?

i have had some burning sensation in the pubic region near the base of the penis , this turned out to be small blisters which produced clear water substance. after a day the symptoms all dissapear and the area is now flaky and healing .what could it possibly be......also my wife complained of the same sansation a day after me, and this watery liquid is odourless.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
This could be a viral infection known as herpes genitalis. It usually manifests as small grouped fluid filled blisters and these are sexually transmissible. This infection has high chances of being recurrent. Treatment involves a course of oral antivirals and topical antibiotics. Consult a doctor to get the investigations done and diagnosis confirmed. Hope that answers your query. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 28 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor