Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Burning on the head around ear and above with full sensation, had got hit the head few day ago. Should I go for a scan?

I got hit on the side of the head a week and three days ago while at work. I leaned down into the floor to get something, raised up quickly, and hit my head on the side of a metal box on the wall of my classroom. I felt anxiety very quickly and stayed that way for about 4 days. The school nurse checked my pupils, and all was good. I did not get nauseated or sick; I just felt a little disoriented and anxious for days. Now, my head, around my left ear and above, still has a burning and very full sensation. Upon impact, there no bump developed. It almost felt like I split my ear open, but there was no damage to the outside of it. Should I get a scan done, or I am overly worried?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
thanks for your query
if you di`nt had any vomiting , unconsciousness,ENT bleeding then there are little chances to have brain injury
the burning you have might be because of injury/stimulation of any scalp nerve ending
if you are feeling strong burning then you may take gabapentine with methycobalamine after prescription and supervision of a doctor
you should get benefit .
take care get well soon
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor