Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Burning on right side of throat, swollen tonsils, white pus, lymph node under jaw. Cure?

Hi Dr XXXXXXX, i woke up this morning with only the right side of my throat hurting, And when i went to go check it out, the right side of my tonsil was swollen with i think what is called white pus on it. What can it be? I do not have any headaches , or have the cold, or feel sick. I also have a lymph node under my jaw
Asked On : Thu, 27 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  515
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The symptoms you described are of pharyngitis with tonsilitis on right side.The enlarged lymph node under jaw is due to tonsilitis and pharyngitis.
I would suggest you to consult a physician for your pharyngitis and tonsilitis .The puss could be peri tonsillar absess and may need drainage.
You may need a course of antibiotics antihistiminics and decongestants.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Emergency Medicine Specialist Dr. R.A. Singh's  Response
Hi Joannahuynh,
Thanks for your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you are having tonsillar stone in your right tonsills.

It seems that what appears to you as white pus is actually a tonsillar stone as it is white in colour and present as pain and swelling in the tonsills. It is usually accompanied by bad breath.

It is advisable that you should get yourself examined by an ENT specialist and get the stone removed.

Also have a throat swab culture to know the causative organism of infection, if any and the antibiotic appropiate for the infection.

Doing warm saline gargle will help in relief of pain. Take pain killers like Ibuprofen twice a day after meals along with antacid Omeprazole 20 mg if the pain is severe.
All medicines should be taken after consultation with your ENT specialist.

I hope this is helpful to you.
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor