Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Burning in the vagina. Could it be due to partially broken hymen?

My vagina has been burning on and off for 9 months. I think it could be due to a hymen issue. I ve only had sex once due to this, it burned a lot and ever since the pain i experience prevents me from having sex, although that is not my main concern. It burns when I feel around inside but also for no reason at all, lasting anything between an hour on some days and at times it has lasted for two days straight. I bled during sex which I presumed had broken my hymen, yet after a check around there, I struggle to see my opening? Is this simply due to my hymen not being fully broken, and therefore needs to be broken to stop burning throughout the day? or should i see a gyno
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  390
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

Most of vaginal burning isn't a major concern. But because they can be symptoms of an infection like bacterial vaginosis or candidiasis.
A number of chemical substances like creams, douches, condoms, contraceptive foams, laundry detergents, soaps, scented toilet paper can irritate the vagina and thus burning sensation.
Avoid using any of these substances.
Maintain personal hygiene.
Get a swab test to rule out vaginal infection.

Dr Nilofer
Answered: Sat, 9 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor