Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Burning in eyes after splashing little rubbing alcohol. Can I just use saline drops or visit docotr ?

I just dropped a bottle of rubbing alcohol and it splashed in my face. A large quantity splashed into my eye. The bottle does not have a label so I don t know what percent it is. I have been flushing with water for half an hour now and it still burns, I can barely open it. Should I just wait it out and do a saline rinse and tear drops? Or at what point should I find a doctor? I am on vacation and have no idea what to do.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  213
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
The rubbing alcohol is highly toxic to the epithelium of the surface of eye. It is highly irritant. It was wise of you to rinse it with should see an eye specialist immediately to know the amount of injury. It will be ok once proper treatment has been instituted.
Take care
Answered: Tue, 20 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor