Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Burn in mouth, blisters, skin peeling, smaller blisters formed, brown scars. Used peroxide, listerine. Should I go to a doctor?

Last night I was drunk and burned my mouth with a fried popper. I held it there while I tried to swish cold water on it, but it stuck to the roof of my mouth at first. It formed a blister that night, and kept holding ice cubes on it. the blister broke that evening and the skin came off. The following day another blister formed. I used peroxide , and this dried the blister out. It then formed three smaller blisters. I sneezed and the skin covering one of them came off. That area is now brown! and the other spots are white. It doesn t hurt very much, unless I eat cheese, orange juice, and other acidic foods. I am rinsing with Listerine now, instead of peroxide, but am concerned that it might be a serious issue, even though it doesn t hurt much. Should I go to a doctor, or will this heal like any other burn?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  150
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
You now have an ulcer and there are several tried treatments such as adcortyl in orabase, local anaesthetic gel to reduce the pain. Avoid hot drinks unless the area heals completely.
A mixture of antacid and antihistamine applied using a cotton swab will also help.
or get some Bonjela.
Answered: Thu, 12 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor