Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Bumpy, painful knot inside the mouth, on the inner part of the cheek, pains on eating, talking. Is it due to tooth decay?

I have a knot on the inside of my right cheek in my mouth , in which I have had it removed once already and it came right back. The actual knot starts back at the back of my mouth at the space between the teeth at the very back on the right side, now on my left side there is no such place it is smooth. And this feels kind of bumpy and it hurts when I touch it, or try to eat or yarn and sometimes when I talk. Now I do have some bad teeth and was wondering if it could be coming from that.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Apr 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  88
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dentist 's  Response
hello, the lesion u had is most probably a dento-alveolar lesion: most common is abscess from infected tooth esp third molar, any cyst or jaw tumor.. the jaw bone is this region is very prone for ameloblastoma,dentigerous cyst, traumatic bone cyst, etc..
for correct diagnosis one need to go under following examination- clinical, radiographs- IOPA of infected teeth ,OPG, lat oblique,occlusal, then FNAC /incisional biopsy then as per pathologic examination treatment can be decided..
if its infected tooth abscess origin- RCT/ extraction of involved tooth
if it is cyst or any tumor then surgical intervention is required along with involved tooth RCT
Note for any abnormal sensations/paresthesia as it will be critical factor to decide neural involvement in region..
dont delay treatment as long standing abscess can convert to cystic lesion..
most probably ur problem will resolved by RCT of infected tooth.. consul ur dentist soon
meanwhile maintain oral hygiene by use of antiseptic mouthwashes and interdental aids..
take care
Answered: Tue, 26 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
as you gave the detail,it must be checked once,without examination difficult to say i will suggest you please go to a dentist in your area near to your place and go for the complete examination done including x-rays.nothing to get worried .take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Mon, 25 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon Dr. Omi Jindal's  Response
dear, you may be having dental abscess or dentigerous cyst. Consult your dentist and get correct advice. regards.
Answered: Tue, 17 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor