Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Bumps under armpits, redness, discharge. Which specialist can help in their removal?

i have these bumps under my arm pits and they get big red and they heart . they drain sometimes it is clear and sometimes it is cloudy stuff that comes out but they dont go away they keep coming back. i went to a doctor in zzzzz she told me that they can be removed by talking all the skin from under my armpits and putting fake skin there but she will not do it. i need help finding a doctor in xxxxx that will can you help me?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic,
You might be suffering from hidradenitis suppurativa. Why don't you try medical line of management first before going for such an extensive surgery.
You need to take course of antibiotics during the acute abscess stage.

Apply antibiotic cream like mupirocin thrice a day.

Reduce weight . Do not wear occlusive clothes.
Always use anti perspirants.
An antiseptic soap also will help prevent recurrences.
Hair removal of arm pit by laser also will help to a certain extent.
Even liposuction of fat under the skin has been reported to be beneficial.

Keep the skin graft procedure as last resort.
Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Kalpana Pathak's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
From the description provided either you could be having recurrent boils or abscesses or sebaceous cyst or hidradenitis suppuritiva.
BOils would require simple incision and drainage while cyst would require excision. HS would require a prolong course of antibiotic and isotretinoni. All of these are treatable and yes all your skin wont be removed. For cyst excision a simple incision is placed in skin and the cyst is removed in toto and then the area is sutured.

YOu need to meet a general surgeon or dermatosurgeon for same.
Take care
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor