Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Bumps on vagina, filled with pus, recurring, on the outside of vagina. Treatment?

Hi. I have bumps on top of my vagina since I was a kid I had it growing and when I squeeze it puss come out like a pimple . When it disappear after a week it grow somewhere else sometimes I have 4, each at different spot. I never have one inside my vagina or on my clit.please help I am worried and am embarrassed to go to a doctor.
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  220
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, and I hope i can help you today.

I believe you may have a viral skin infection called Molluscum Contagiosum. It can be found on any area of the body and causes bumps to form that look like small blisters and if you squeeze them out they pop and a yellow-white creamy substance comes out. I am sending a link to some photos that you may compare to the bumps you have:

You can catch Molluscum from swimming in rivers and also from spreading it by touch. It is commonly a sexually transmitted infection in adults.

So Molluscum does not need treatment. Popping the lesions will make the go away, but you need to make sure the area and your hands are clean, and that you wash them after to avoid spreading the bumps.

If you would like a secure way to have an examination, you can ask a premium question annonymously and attach a photo of the bumps. A GYN doctor should easily be able to diagnose you.

I hope I was able to adequately answer your question today and that this information was helpful.

Best wishes,

Dr. Brown
Answered: Sat, 7 May 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor