Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Bumps on hand, painful. What is suggested by the symptoms?

I have 2 bumps on my left hand , one on the back of my hand closer to the arm and, the other, on the side, again closer to the arm between my pinky and ulna. On the right, I have another bump on the back similar to that on the left hand but not as pronounced. I first noticed these bumps one cold morning in mid-October. The left hand had a pain level (0-5, 5 being highest) of 4. And now, each cold morning, the pain goes away until I warm up my hands. doing research, I have found carpal boss . with the symptoms described, what is suggested?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
These bumps seem consistent with ganglion cysts. The diagnosis could be confirmed on an MRI and the options for treatment would be aspiration with a needle or surgical excision.
Answered: Fri, 11 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor