Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Bumps at vaginal hole, look like bug bites. Is this because of too much shaving or body wash?

About 3 days ago it would sting to go pee, it no longer does but now i have noticed bumps by my vaginal hole they look like bug bites and they have been bugging me. Im not sure if its from shaving to much or the body wash i use. Its been worrying me so i would like someone s opinion, I have been with the same partner for over a year.
Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It is possible that you are having a superficial folliculitis due to excessive shaving. Use soft razors and do not shave frequently.

Change your body wash and look for improvement.

You may apply topical antibiotic cream like soframycin or antibiotic powder like Neosprin on the affected area. Wash the genital area with lukewarm water daily and dry it completely.

Drink plenty of water.

Ask for similar complaints in your partner. If yes, both of you may be treated with oral antibiotics.

However, it is not a worrisome problem. It occurs commonly in young adults.

You shall be fine soon.

Hope this helps.

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor