Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Bumps and itching behind ears on the area of wearing glasses, bumps subside within days. Remedy?

I have bumps and itching behind my ears, specifically when i wear glasses - ive worn glasses all my life but only in last year has this been an issue the bumps sometimes range from painful to nothing at all, and usually go away after a few days i am able to sometimes pick and relieve the pressure/ pus , but more often than not, the insides are hard and crusty and painful to the touch and swollen when I try to relieve them ive tried cleaning the glasses often, take daily showers, changed frames, soaps, laundry detergents, etc i am under a bit of stress and about 15-20lbs overweight
Asked On : Tue, 30 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  758
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are suffering can be contact dermatitis/haily hailey disease/seborrheic dermatitis etc
Treatment can be oral topical steroid creams with antifungal creams.

Patch testing and skin biopsy may be required .
They are available at dermatology clinics.

Also supportive oral tablets containing antihistaminics can be helpful.
Keep the area clean and dry.
Apply soframycin cream twice daily.

Please consult a good dermatologist for proper examination and prescription medications.

Hope this helps.

Answered: Tue, 30 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor