Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Bump with a pain and bruise after a head injury

I bumped my head hard, after bruise left a small bump remains I Bumped my head very had the other day getting into my car..its been a few weeks now and the bruise has now came and gone, but a small half a pea sized bump remains. I am concerned because it is maybe a inch above my temple and hasnt gone away at all in size. No color, small headaches, and occasionally a sharp pain where it is. Is this something i need to go see a doctor about or just leave be?? thank you
Asked On : Sun, 15 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  692
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
you have to consult your doctor about it. you may need some extra investigations
may be clotted blood get organised there.
so better to get once examined.
take care
Answered: Sun, 15 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
from the details and symptoms of pain it will be better to consult doctor and have a check up
may some investigations like simle x-ray skullwill settle the issue
may be that the tiny swelling was there before injury and remain un noticed
whatever it is consult doctor /surgeon
Answered: Sun, 15 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor