Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Bump outside anus, fluid oozing, uncomfortable to sit. Taking antibiotics, applying cream. Suggestions?

Hi, i recently developed a bump just outside my anus along the between the anus and my scrotum though it is very close to the anal opening. It was very uncomfortable to sit on and eventually the pressure built up and it popped and a bit of pinkish yellowish fluid came out and the pressure was relieved and felt better. I went to the doctor and explained this to him and he gave me antibiotics and a topical antibiotic cream. However, the next day the pain started to build again and the bump swelled up and once again popped has been 3 days in total..should the doctor have drained whatever it was?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  11
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
As it is of short duration, chances of having anal abscess is more likely.
Once pus is formed, it is to be drained to get relief.
In this case antibiotic will not help much.
Consult your doctor and get it drained and go for dressing.
Ok and take care.
Answered: Thu, 10 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor