Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Bump or raised area on right side ribs, spread to entire ribs. Suggestions ?

Hi, I am 20 yrs old and been having experiencing things abnormal to me. It has been about a yr and a half and I have seen probably five or six different doctors and gynecologists. It started with a bump or raised area on my right side ribs. Over the yrs the pain got worse in that area and now its my entire rib area. It is swollen like and raised more than normal. Some doctors I have seen say it s my eating habits. For two weeks I ate a strict plan diet and it didn t change at all. It s harder to breathe some days and I have noticed some strange things like blood in the stool or black mucus in my urine . I am curious if you have any solutions or suggestions for me. Hope to hear from you soon.. Thank You.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The feeling of lump on the rib and a pain in the area is not related to the blood in the stools. This pain and lump below the ribs is likely to be due to costochondritis. taking anti inflammatory will help.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor