Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Bump on the temple after an accident. Pressure in the head. Diagnosed with pneumonia. Advice?

I was in a car wreck. We slid off the road into a bar ditch and my head busted the windshield. I didn't notice any injury at the time but yesterday I noticed a little hard bump right above my right temple. I have also been sick for 3 weeks with flue like symptoms so I went into the doctors office today. I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia. I asked the doctor about the lump and told him what happened. He felt the lump and said it was a blood lump under the skin. He said that it would go away in a month or two and told me it was nothing to worry about. He left it at that but I am still worried and wonder if I should get it further examined. The lump is a little bigger then a B B and about as hard. My question is, is this common and what is the medical term for this condition. Do I have anything to worry about? My head has pressure and my right temple hurts or am I just being a worry wart.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Since the accident is 3 week old there is nothing to worry. The bump which your having on your temple post trauma is haematoma,that is collection of blood under muscle and skin.Haematoma is medical term used for this condition and yes this happens after accidents.Haematoma usually get resolved of itself in due course of time and don't need any active treatment. The only danger associated with haematoma is infecion,which if occurs can lead to puss formation, Since you must be taking antibiotics for pneumonia, so this there is nothing to worry, as antibiotics will also prevent haematoma from getting infected. The pressure and discomfort is due to haematoma and you can take pain killers for discomfort.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Thu, 9 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor