Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Bump on the labia majora, painful, unable to walk. What can be done to cure it?

Hello I have question concerning a large almost the size of a almond bump on the right side of my labia majora it s very very painful it s almost where I m unable to walk or sit. I m not wanting to go to the hospital because I know they are going to lance it open, is there anything I can do at home to make it go away or take away the pain?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2014
Hello and welcome,

It seems that you are having a bartholins cyst. It has become infected and so there is pain now.

If you do not want doctors to incise it, please use hot fomentation daily. This will help in developing a pus point early and it will burst open. Once it bursts, clean it with povidone iodine and apply antiseptic ointment like neosporin to help healing. However in many cases, it tends to recur and is painful so getting it removed or a procedure called marsupilisation are better alternatives.

You may also need pain killers like acetaminophen and antibiotics like ciprofloxacin or a culture test of the draining fluid may be done to determine the best suitable antibiotic to help control the infection.

So please see a doctor if possible.

Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Answered: Fri, 23 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor