Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Bump on the hip, pinched to remove pus, discomfort while sitting. Suggestions?

Hi I m Stephanie well about two days ago I went to go sit down on my couch n I felt a sharp pain on my left butt cheek n then I when to go fell wat it was n I have a small bump there so I tryed to pop it but nothing so the nexts morning I woke up with it bigger n it was all red n pusy. So I keeped on trying to take all the pus out but nothing so now I have a big hole in my but cheek but I moved all the pus to the hole its not even big anymore its just hard n it only hurts when I sit down on it wat can it be
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

Based on the description, I suspect that you might have developed a Gluteal Abscess. There is no role for self care measures in this condition.

I suggest you to consult a General surgeon who will open up the pus pockets inside the indurated zone (hard area) and drains the pus. He might prescribe you a course of Antibiotics and antiinflammatory medications to reduce the infection and inflammation.

Regular dressings of the wound are needed till it gets healed.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi's  Response
I have studied your case with diligence.

Persistent pain indicates underlying infection,probably pus has not been drained completely.
I will advise to take antibiotic and anti-inflammatory consulting your doctor.
If swelling is large you may need surgical drainage
Till time maintain hygine and watch for spread of infection.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care
Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Michelle Gibson James's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It sound like an abscess which is a collection of pus within a tissue.

The definitive treatment of an abscess is incision and drainage. Even though pus came out, there may still be pockets or small areas of pus present.
This would also for it to reform.

You need to consider visiting your doctor who can incise the area and remove any remaining pus.
You will then be given a prescription for antibiotics.

I hope this helps
Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor