Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Bump on the head after a hard bang. Treatment required?

Hello, my son was playing a basketball game when one of his friends went to shoot the it bounce back and hit him on the head. He told his head was hurting so I ran got some ice..I told his father it look like a little bump on side.he told me u can t get bumps on your head from a basketball. Should I take to the doctor just to get it check out..
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  280
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Covington, hello.
any hard object hitting the head area can result in 'bump' because of the structure of the skin of the scalp. There is no need to worry unless following symptons occur:-
1. loss of conscioussness
2. drowsiness
3. confusion
4. nausea or vomitting
5. difficulty in walking
6. persistent headache
7. memory loss.

If none of the above symptoms are present, no need to worry. Headache will go in a few days to weeks.
Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor