Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Bump on the forehead after an injury. Could this be the reason for strokes?

Hello, my grandmother is 62 years old and startled me today when she showed me a large dent in her forehead! She was moving to a new house and walked into a very heavy, low hanging light fixture and it nearly knocked her out. This was about a year ago but she never mentioned this dent to me until today. (I honestly forgot about it after a while) The dent is literally in the center of her upper forehead near her hairline and is about 2 inches in diameter. I m terrified about this! She s a two time severe stroke survivor so I don t know if that is a factor. Please let me know if this should be a concern and if there s anything we can do to fix it.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

The so called dent over the forehead is nothing to worry, as it has been there for about one year and your grandmother has no symptoms because of it.

It is possible that it developed after the injury, due to depressed skull bone fracture and has got spontaneously healed.

You may get a skull X-ray done for evaluation and show her to a neurologist/neurosurgeon.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor