Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Bump on shin, itchy. What are they?

i have this bump half way down on my left shin that comes only like once a month, it looks like a bump that someone would get on there head, like a know, and itchs. then it goes away in about a hour. ive been worrying about this, but i cant show doctors because theres no way to make a doctors appt to show them when i have it. and they say they dont know what it is. can you please help me find out what it is?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query.

You seem to have developed an allergic skin lesion.

Firstly avoid touching it or scratching it.

You need treatment with topical steroids.

In addition, you might need oral antihistamines for the itching.

Avoid applications of any oils over the lesion.

Hope it helps

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Fri, 28 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor