Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Bump on right eyelid, tried many antibiotics, wipes still no help. How to get rid of it ?

What is this thing on my eyelid and how can i get rid of it? ok, so there is this bump like thing on my right eyelid. it has been there for a number of years, more like 4 or 5 years. when it first appeared my mother took me to the eye doctor and he said it was a simple stye. he game me an antibiotic and eyelid wipes and said it should go away with in 5 to 7 days. a month went by and i used all the wipes and the antibiotic. when we went back to the doctor he said the only thing he knew to do was to have surgery, but my mother didnt agree to that and we continued the eyelid wipes. it still hasnt gone away and i dont exactly know what to do anymore. i doesnt effect my vision , i dont think but it is very unattractive and it bothers me when people ask about it which lowers my confidence. if there is anyone who knows what it is or how to get rid of it please tell me. u can comment here or email me at... YYYY@YYYY if there is anyone who would like to view a picture i could email it to u.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear Concerned.,

thanks for writing to us.

The history points at a Chronic Tarsal Gland(Meibomian Gland) obstruction to Meibomian duct called "Chalazion". It is a modified oil gland which gets blocked in its duct and it has to be differentiated from a Stye(Hardeolum) as Stye is an infection and thereafter inflammation.Stye responds to antibiotics and antiinflammatory medication.Stye is very painful/red and warm.A chalazion is diagonally opposite in signs and symptoms.

A"Chalazion " has to be Surgically incised and drained and the gland with its capsule needs to be removed to prevent its recurrence.

Precautions:Do not vigorously rub the chalazion.Only give hot fomentation.Use eye lid wipes gently.

The ruptured chalazions contents cause inflammation and scarring in eyes.

Pls undergo Surgery at the earliest.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Best regards.,

Dr Lt Cdr ASN Bhushan
Answered: Fri, 16 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor