Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Bump on nipple. Sore to touch, growing bigger. What could it be?

Hi I am a 26 year old female with a raised pimple looking bump on my left nipple . It is so sore to touch or if anything touches it. I ve had it for over a week and it seems to be getting bigger and more sore. Should I be worried. I ve never had anything like this nor has my mother. Should I be worried?? Being the Holiday season it s very difficult to seek a doctor and soon I ll be out of my hometown going back to school where I don t have a doctor. Please help as I am very stressed at the moment.
Asked On : Tue, 1 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Although it is difficult to find a doctor, you should see a physician as soon as possible.
The lump you are referring could be an abscess or infection; so you might need oral antibiotic and local cleaning by a healthcare specialist.

Meanwhile, until you see a doctor, I'd advise to:
- apply warm and cold compresses to the affected area
- take paracetamol or mephenamic acid for the pain
- do massage the sore area to make the fluid inside drain

Once again, only a doctor could assist you further!
Answered: Tue, 17 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor