Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Bump on labia, pus, bleeding on popping, swelling, hip pain, leg numbness. Follicular infection?

I have what seemed to be an ingrown hair on my right labia , I squeezed it slightly and some pus/ blood shot out at high speed (I m assuming the pressure build up was phenomenal) and now, two days on my entire right labia is swollen and hard- the pain has extended into my hip and my leg even feels slightly numb/ this just an ingrown follicle infection?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  380
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello karlzmate,

Welcome to the forum. I can understand your concern for the problem through which you are going. Your symptoms suggest that you have a Bartholin's cyst that is painful. It usually results in swollen and hard labia. Since pus is coming out you should visit an emergency room or consult a gynecologist. The pus and infection is spreading through lymphatic drainage and your hip and leg (R ) is getting numb.

You are in need of antibiotics ( you may need infusions ), analgesics and clinical examination. A warm sitz bath can give you a little relieve. You should be examined physically, the cyst may need a drainage by a doctor. The pus needs to be sent for culture to rule out any STD.

Do not stay back at home and neglect yourself, your agony may get increased.

Get treated and stay fit, have a good day, take care.
Answered: Fri, 5 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor