Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Bump on knee, swollen, looking bruised, no known injury

Hello, i have realized last night that i was kneeling down then i felt a bumpon and around my right knee, and i looked and it was swollen so i was checking on what it could be i dont remember if i banged it or not due or after work but then it was sore and when i went to sleep i had it elevated to see how it was in the morning. This morning I woke up and didnt see much change but im at work not and it is starting to looked bruised.
Wed, 7 Nov 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The swelling near the knee since it is bruised, is likely to be due to a hematoma formation due to the injury in the area. You need to avoid weight bearing and give adequate rest to the knee. If swelling increases, consult a physician for proper examination and investigations.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor