Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Bump on hard palate. What should I do?

Hi I believe I am a hypochondriac who constantly checks for things especially in my mouth. And Im writing this because I believe I saw a tiny bump on my hard palate but when I would feel it with my finger it felt like nothing so for the past few days I ve been continuing to check it and I scratched it so now I believe I made it worse. What should I do
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  571
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Don't let any lesions go unnoticed. I suggest you to visit the dentist and get a biopsy done. There are chances that you traumatized the midline of the palate. There is bone in the midline to hard palate called torus and due to trauma it becomes enlarge and is painful. So to get the exact diagnosis kinldy visit the dentist and get an x-ray and biopsy done....and don't poke the area..
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Neha Sumra's  Response
Welcome to HCM
I would suggest you to ask you is that bump painful??
the bony feeling you are mentioning can be bony over-growth known as palatine torus....its nothing to worry can be left there as it is or you can get it surgically excised.

you didn't mentioned about the pain....well if you are not experiencing any pain then it can be due trauma.

whats your dentition status...i mean to ask are all your teeth erupted....if not then it may be any cyst related to impacted tooth.

Get biopsy done if still problem persists.Consult your dentist for further query.

Take Care
Answered: Wed, 26 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Preet Kaur's  Response
hi there

thanx for the query

firstly never poke any lesion with unclean hands or any unsterilized instrument or pin that it gets infected and lead to further complications.

visit a dentist to ensure its exact diagnosis. some time we have normal boney outgrowth in some people in palate region called as torous which could be surgically excised.

or it could be site of any of your impacted tooth (if any) on your palate region.


Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor