Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Bump on foot, ball shaped, hurts badly. What is cause and cure?

Hello, i have a bump on the bottom of my foot, its like a round little ball its hard and it hurts very bad i can't walk on it i have to walk like tiping my foot sideways... i think i got that bump by the sanddles i would always wear sandles i don't know if it may be because of that! i was wondering what i could put on it...
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

Such lump is most likely a callus. It is nothing more than thick area of the skin which has appeared due to long, constant pressure in this area. It is some kind of protective reaction.

As you have noticed correctly, it is most likely caused by your shoes. So the best way to get rid of it will be changing shoes to more comfortable and apply in the area of this lump soft shoe insert.

You should also visit general surgeon and consider surgical removal of this lump. However you need to know that any incision in this area is healing hardly.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Mon, 22 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor