Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Bump on face below eye, pigmented, hurt when touch. Is it serious?

I have a small bump on my face below my eye that has a slight dark pigment to it and seems to hurt every time I touch it. The area around it is red, but only now has it started hurting. Before it was only a bump on my face that was slightly pigmented. I've been meaning to go to a dermatologist but I've been pushing it back, is it something serious?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  10
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi ! Good evening. I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon answering your query.

If I were your treating doctor, I would have advised you for an excision biopsy of the swelling specially because of the dark pigment to it. Instead of delaying the process, I would suggest you to see your doctor at your earliest convenient opportunity.

Thanks for choosing healthcaremagic forum for your health query. Good luck.
Answered: Mon, 14 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor