Bump on back of tongue, feeling of hair in back of throat. Gargled with salt. Need to worry?

I have a lighter colored bump on the left side of my tongue , back by my throat , I have to stick my tongue out and twist it to the right to see it. The bump itself is not sore, and I don t know how long its been there. I just noticed it because I had a feeling of hair at the back of my throat for a few days, so I started looking at my tongue and noticed it. I gargled salt water for about 3 days, and starting eating greek yogurt daily. The hair sensation is gone, but the bump is not. Is it something I should be worried about? The only other thing I notice is that my tongue does feel kinda dry and tender. I do have chronic rhinitis (face gets tender at times from it and my sinuses seem to always be stuffy) and bad seasonal allergies (which are actually year round), as well as acid reflux quite frequently.
Tue, 24 Sep 2013
Dentist 's  Response

Bump on back of tongue can be due to-
A ph thous St o m at i ti s.

Vitamin b complex as well as iron supplements has to be administered.

Plenty of fruits as well as leafy vegetables has to be ingested.

Maintain oral hygiene well.

Floss your tongue daily.

If symptoms persists,oral corticosteroids has to be administered.

Hope this helps.