Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Bump like pimple inside clitoris, swollen and painful. Remedy?

Four days ago, I discovered a little bump like a pimple, which appears to be inside my clitoris. It hurts to wipe after I pee. The clitoris itself is swollen and very painful. I've tried squeezing it but nothing is happening. It feels like there could be a blind pimple inside. What could this be and what can I do for this?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  440
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
welcome to HCM!
most common cause of such pustular eruptions in and around the vagina is bacterial infection,possibility of folliculitis that is Infection of the hair follicle of the adjacent skin is presents as a pus filled bump (pustular eruption) on the skin.iIn most of the cases, the folliculitis usually is self-limiting but sometimes enlarges and ruptures, discharging the pus. Folliculitis is generally treated with topical antibiotics and antibacterial wash two or three times a day. sometimes may require oral antibiotics

Few other conditions may present with lesions that may appear like pus filled bumps like genital acne and certain cysts.
having such pustular,painful lesion of the vagina seems to be less likely but herpes,needs to be ruled out.
You must consult a gynaecologist if the lesion enlarges further.
hope this helps you!
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor