Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Bump in pubic area, red ring surrounding it, pain on pressing. Tried tea tree oil. Treatment options?

Yes I have a bump in my genital pubic area with a red ring around it it s not very big but it gets aggravating sometimes bc it itches. I looked it up on the Internet and saw it could be a fungus and started putting tea trea oil and u eucaliptus oil on it and the ring started fading and the bump went down. The bump never came through it was like its up underneath my skin, and now there are two bumps in that same area inside the small circle. There is no blistering but it does hurt a little when u press on it. ?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
welcome to HCM,
as per the description u have given about the dermatological problem, it is most likely a fungal infection known as TINEA CRURIS... the lesions typically appear in red ring like fashion with central clearance and active outer border with red papules..
tea tree oil doesnt help you in this regard..
i advise you to use the following over the counter skin meds for your problem
1.TERBINEFINE CONTAINING CREAM - zimig or terbicip cream
the above treatment will be sufficient for treating your problem , but to eradicate it completely and to prevent recurrence of the problem ,use those skin meds for upto 10 days extra period of time..becoz recurrence is more common in fungal infections
Answered: Tue, 12 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor