Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Bump in ear lobe, pain on touching, hearing loss. Should I see a doctor?

I have a bump in my ear lobe and it hurts when ever I touch it or move my head around. It feels like a scab or a hard zit but when I try to pop it it dosnt pop. It throbs after I try popping it like it has pressure that wants to be released. Also, it s effecting my hearing because the bump gets bigger and my ear lobe almost closes. Should I go see a doctor about this?
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Yes, go and see a doctor immediately. Although this appears like an infective lesion because of the degree of pain you are experiencing with head movement, one should also exclude something sinister like any growth.
However, in most cases it is due to infection and since the ear lobule is composed of soft tissue with a covering of stretchable skin, any infective lesion tends to grow easily and attains a large size and can therefore obstruct your ear canal. If the cause is infection then it needs to be drained immediately.
Therefore, get yourself evaluated by a surgeon ASAP. Till then you can take analgesics to allay your pain.
Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor