Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Bump between upper and lower jaw, nasal congestion, difficulty opening mouth. Treatment options?

I woke up this morning with a bump in my jaw where the top and bottom jaw meets. It is very sore to open and close my mouth and sore to the touch. I have had a stuffy nose for the last few days. It just started hurting this morning. What can it be and what can I do to help get rid of it. I am concern because I rarely ever get sick and never get colds.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  71
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM

The bump you have develop is the parotid gland which have inflamed, a condition called parotidiitis. The cause is infectious and is most probably due to sinusitis you already have. The treatment option is antibiotic therapy along with decongestants.

It is recommended to visit your doctor for antibiotic prescription.

Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor