Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Bump behind knee, looks like a raised circle with a scar across it, swelling, bruised skin. Cure?

Hi, I have a hard circular bump on the back side of my knee in the crease. It started looking like a ingrown hair or pimple but has grown and now looks like a raised circle with a scar across it feeling like their is something hard underneath. It has swollen the area of the leg around it and the skin around also looks bruised.
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  216
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi..thanks for your query..
From what you have mentioned, I feel you have developed a soft tissue growth behind the knee area.The soft tissues swelling mentioned might be a cyst/ a lipoma or any other extra growth of one to the other components of the soft tissue.If the skin around is also looking different or there are associated complaints of pain /tenderness you should consider the possibility of a superimposed bacterial infection .
In either way, it is extremely important that you visit a dermatosurgeon who would help you find out the exact nature /cause of the swelling and treat appropriately .It might require a few investigations and post which a complete surgical removal of the extra growth should happen.
Hope this helps..Take care!
Answered: Fri, 18 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor