Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Bulky womb causing excessive bleeding, please help

i am 40.heavy bleeding witnessed since last three months upto 14 days per month.sonography results show no abnormalities but bulky uterus.each month hb goes down upto 6-6.5 and recovered by treatment goes upto 9-10 and again down next month. shoulder pain & weakness occurs. ear pain also extraction of uterus must? tried contrasep pills one month with no result. botox injection worked once only.kindly help. ----- mona junagadh-gujarat-india
Asked On : Wed, 26 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  318
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Looks like you do not wish to go for hysterectomy. Start with a D&C and if the pathology result of D&C specimen does not show any problem, then there are stronger tablets and also monthly injections which can help control the bleeding. But before that you need thorough testing for any bleeding problem. Shoulder pain and ear pain need to be investigated to rule out connective tissue diseases. Finally if there is no disease as such, there are other treatments like balloon therapy, TCRE and endometrial ablation. Basically the inside of the uterus is burned out or cut out via hysteroscope without removing the uterus. You may go home the same evening. Meet a gynaecologist.
Answered: Wed, 26 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor