Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Bulky uterus with fibroid

My cousin s ultrasound report says -Anteverted bulky uterus of about 94mm by 52mm with some small fibroids in the fundus part of the uterus. Is this abnormal and what is the possibility of facing health problems? Her periods are regular and normal for many years now. She is 33 years,68kgs, 5 3 and unmarried. She is anaemic with 9.5 haemoglobin and no other health problem.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  526
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology 's  Response
this condition is not normal, but nothing to be scared off. small fibroids commonly occur in at least one third of women. We should be concerned if she has excessive blood loss during menstruation. I would suggest her to take iron supplements to correct anemia and to have a child before the fibroid grows much bigger and may interfere with fertility
Answered: Sat, 4 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor