Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Bulgy huge bruise after collision in a child. Applied ice late. Hurts when touched. Is it hematoma?

My 5 year old daughter collided with the head of another child and has a huge, bulgy bruise at the temple. My husband didn t apply ice when it happened but when I saw it after she got home, I made her apply ice for as long as she could stand (about 2 hours after it happened so too late I m sure). I think hematoma is the better description. It really hurts her if I touch it. Is there any need to worry?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Cardiology 's  Response
Head injury may be external only or associated with internal injury also.If there is any loss of conciousness, altered behaviour or vomiting then a neuroimaging is needed. You can apply Thrombophob gel on scalp hematoma for early recovery. It lyses the clot of hematoma and help in getting absorbed. Give him come over the counter pain killer( paracetamol is the safest)
With regards
Answered: Thu, 18 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. V. Jayaram's  Response

thanks for choosing healthcare magic

It seems more like a soft tissue injury . It will reduce in 2-3 days . But you can watch her for the following signs .

1. vomiting
2. blurring of vision
3. seizures
4. extreme irritability
5. weakness or paralysis in any of the other limbs

In case of any of the above features contact your doctor immediately
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor