Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Bulge under eyelid, growing very fast. What is it called and how to cure?

My daughter is 14 and she has a bulge under her eyelid next to her eye. An eye surgeon told me it was a benign growth that should be watched but grows slowly. I can t remember the name of it. It seems to be growing faster than he thought and I am getting worried. What is the name of a growth in space around the eye that bulges under the lid? I d like to find a specialist for her.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi,welcome to HCM. If you feel that there is considerable growth,then it's better to consult an ophthalmologist specialized in Orbit and Oculoplasty . He/she will assess the extent and nature of the swelling by direct examination and imaging techniques,then decide on excision or other procedure.

As the swelling is close to the lids and your daughter being young,speciality surgeon should be approached to prevent post op appearance of the eye.

If it is a Chalazion (confirmed by your ophthalmologist , he can do a simple incision and clean all the pus out as a minor procedure under sterile conditions.
So get it confirmed and then go for excision. Take care and keep us updated.
Answered: Thu, 3 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Ophthalmologist Dr. AK Garg's  Response

Most likely the child is suffering from a condition called chalazion. There is no conservative treatment available for this. You need to get an excision done. You need not worry as it is a very simple procedure and takes only 5 minutes. Eye has to be bandaged for only 1 day and post-operative treatment will last for another 2-3 days.

Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor