Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Bulge in vaginal cavity, extreme tear in rectum, had a difficult childbirth. Do I need a colostomy?

I had a surgery six years ago for a bulge in the vaginal cavity. The surgeon found a tear in the rectum, presumably from a very difficult childbirth years ago. The tear was extreme and I was left with "less feeling" when I have gas. Consequently, I went back to the doctor three times and he got frustrated. He said, the next step is a colostomy. I have not had a relationship since and feel exceptionally vulnerable and lonely. What would be your recommendation?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
Mar 2013
Thanks for your query.
What you have sounds like anal incontinence.
This would be a third degree perineal tear.
A colostomy sounds quite radical for such a condition.
Without examining you it is difficult to say what the exact treatment should be.
you could write to me at after uploading a picture, that might help me to guide you better.
There are corrective surgeries possible for perineal tears.
Take care.
Answered: Tue, 15 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor