Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Buildup of food on esophagus. Any suggestions?

My 77 year old uncle has a buildup of food on his esophagus . Doctors scraped away at the buildup, but said if they continued it could be fatal. They made a hole large enough he can eat ice chips and sip on fluids. They placed a feeding tube . Do you think sips of vinegar or hot coffe or any other liquid could help to open that up more. We are grasping at anything that could help. Maybe orange juice or something acidic could help. Any suggestions? Thank you. My email address is YYYY@YYYY My name is Michelle.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query
I can feel your concern
I recommend you to get an upper GIT endoscopy to exactly localize the lesion , take soft diet .you should do gargles and take some green tea I recommend to have a proper clinical examination.
Hope it helps
Dr imran
Answered: Sat, 30 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor