Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Bug bite on lip, swelling, scarred. What is wrong?

when i was 15 years old , i had a bug bite on my lip . treatment took too long n left a bump n a scar on my lip. looks too unattractive but because of lack of funds could never got it treated with help of advance treatments. now m married n even a bit of kissing swells the area n half upper lip swells n it looks way too ugly . what can possibly be done ? doctors told me scar wud fade wid ty, but nothing like tha. its preetty much visible n has gotten dark with time
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  45
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

You are having deformed lip following insect bite trauma.

You are having scar and that look ugly as you said.

You passed many years without treatment.

Now you became concious.

If you are really embarassed,then you consult plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist.

Discuss with him about your deformity, if he assures to make your lip cosmetically good by surgery or laser therapy, the you decide for treatment..ok

Otherwise, you accept the condition without worry.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Fri, 12 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor