Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Bug bite looking rash affected to all at home. Contagious?

I have been getting a bug bite looking rash.Now its affecting my kids. I have seen 3 doctors for this rash. All saying bug bites. Ok really believe its something else. Now a girl I work with is getting the same marks as us. She has never been to my home. Im worried im contagious. The look like fea bites. But itch like crazy. We r the only ones in the house getting these marks. Please help.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
,   ,  
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, thanks for your query.
You have a contagious rash with severe itching affecting all family members.
You have not mentioned the duration and the type of rash.

I think it to be scabies. The mites spread through skin-to-skin contact with an infected person or by sharing towels, bed linens, and other objects. The itching is very severe and usually worse at night. The rash typically is seen on the sides and webs of the fingers, the wrist, elbows, genitals, and buttock.

Bug bite leaves itchy, red bites on the skin, usually on the arms or shoulders.
Flea bite leaves behind inflamed, itchy red bumps, usually around the the ankles and feet. Associated with pets at home.

You may consult a dermatologist for exact diagnosis and treatment.

Hope this helps you.
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor