Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Bruising behind head, previously exposed to bomb explosions. Bruises a cause of worry?

I have what feels like bruising on both sides of the back portion of my head. I have not hit that my head or done anything else to explain this. I was in a couple of IED explosions in Iraq back in 2007. I don t know if it is related or not, though I have read different things about head injuries and have become concerned about this. I ve had this before, but it goes away, just like a bruise does after it heals. I have not shaved my head to see if there is a bruise you can see. I ve never had a CAT scan, either.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013
Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I wish to reassure you that your current symptoms are minor and there is no need to be concerned about them.

Also, these bruises over the back of head are unlikely to be related to trauma you suffered in 2007.

If they are painful, you can consult a doctor and get them examined. They are likely to be due to some recent trivial trauma and should resolve in a few days on own.

I hope it helps.

Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My blog:

Answered: Mon, 4 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor