Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Bruises on jaw lines and on my back under ribs. Low calcium levels. Due to calcium deficiency?

I noticed a bruise on my jaw lines. One on each side about 8 months ago. There is no pain. I have recently noticed two bruise marks about the size of a quarter on my back under my ribs. One on each side in the same location. There has been no trauma. About 9 months ago the doc checked my calcium and it was extremely low. Could this be something cause by a calcium deficiency or something more serious?
Asked On : Mon, 21 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
Bruises on body can occur due to many reasons.
The most common cause is trauma.
Is there any history of trauma in recent past?
Secondly, decrease in number of platelets or dysfunction of the platelets can lead to bruises.
Platelet count and tests for platelet functions need to be performed.
Less common causes of easy bruisibility are connective tissue disease, vessel wall abnormalities, etc.
Investigations pertaining to platelets will reveal the abnormality as the possibility of platelet disorders is the most common possibility.
Calcium deficiency is a separate entity.
You need to take calcium supplements for calcium deficiency.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor