Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Bruises in the thigh, one purple in colour, pus, other red, no pus. What could this be?

I have a spot that is purple like a bruise , but it s small -- less than the size of a dime -- and has a whitish bump in the middle. It doesn t hurt, and it s been there (inside of my thigh, a little below the groin ) for about 3 weeks. I also just found last night that another bump that was itchy on Tuesday has now bloomed into a red almost perfect circle. That one is on the same side as the buise-like spot, but the red ring is right in the groin crease.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

In view of details, I would like to rule out possibility of fungal infection in your case.I think you should give a try to anti-fungal cream to see if it helps.Failure to resolve would need a visit to dermatologist.

Hope that answers your question.

Answered: Tue, 7 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor