Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Bruised upper left buttock, large lump formed, pain on sitting. X-ray normal. How to reduce lump?

My girl friend fell on some icy steps a month ago and bruised her upper left butt cheek. She has a large lump about the size of my hand still. She went for xrays two weeks ago and was told its not broken and just a bad bruise. It still hurts to sit on and her movement is still hindered. She is worried this lump will never go away. Any ideas how to make the lump go away and the pain to subside?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  324
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

The lump, a contusion - as it is medically termed, takes a long while to go away. However it will go away and you do not need to worry. It might be helpful to take some off the counter ibuprofen or naproxen to help with easing the pain. I am sure she will be alright within a week or two. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day !
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor