Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Bruised, tingly big lump near temple. No relief with Zovirax. Suggest

I have this lump near my temple. It started off as lots of little ones but has swelled into one big one. It tingles and feels bruised to touch. This has come up before, it seems to be when I am run down. I was once told it was a form of herpes so I have been using Zovirax but it doesn't seem to be going down and is starting to make me feel more run down.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
dear patient just realax at first. tell me whether the doctor who told you that it is herpes simplex was a skin specialist or not?. without seeing the lesion it is difficultfor me to diagnse it as herpes zoster. do you have accompanying any problem with your eyse too? well.....let me tell you if you are damn sure that it is herpes simplex then ypu need to consume tablet zovirax 200mg for five times a day the moment you start getting the tingling sensation without any delay ...that is with appearance of the first symptom.....for prevention of reccurence you need to take the prophylactic dose of 400 mg twice a day for around a year. but instead of just going for self medication, my advise is first go to your nearest skin specialist and seek help.
Answered: Wed, 12 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor